Jen returns to ENX2 Marketing after successfully completing the Spring 2021 intern program, where she will be combining her love of writing and her background in technology to aid the ENX2 Crew in its mission to make clients amazing.
Jen Sgroi is a Social Media Specialist with ENX2 Marketing. She is a 2021 graduate of Penn State Wilkes-Barre with a Bachelor of Science degree in Information Sciences and Technology and a minor in Business. While at Penn State, she always looked for ways to be involved, from being a senator with the Student Government Association, a writer for The Revolt, the student-run newspaper, the Just Do It Committee chairperson, or the Lessons on Leadership program. She was selected as the Penn State 2021 recipient of the Outstanding Adult Learner Award sponsored by the Luzerne County Council on Adult Higher Education.
Prior to coming to ENX2 Marketing full-time as a Digital Marketing Assistant, she was a Marketing Research and Development Intern with ENX2 during the Spring 2021 semester where her weekly tasks included social media engagement, research, and creating content for social media and blog posts. Currently, she works with Social Media Specialist Erika Jenkins where her daily tasks include creating and scheduling social media content, as well as monitoring social media analytics.
In her spare time, she enjoys fun quality time with her husband, Jerry, and son, Alex, who constantly keeps her laughing. She loves listening to all types of music, from Skillet and Yellowcard to Eminem and Kane Brown. She loves to sing and dance, many times embarrassing her son in the process. You can also catch her working on her blog, spending time on the patio listening to a baseball game, or planning the next road trip with her family and friends.
Fun Facts About Jen
- She can play a variety of different musical instruments and has performed in different choral and instrumental groups over the years, most recently as an alto saxophone player for the Wilkes University Civic Band under former director Dr. Philip Simon.
- She loves to travel with her family, however, she has never been on an airplane!
- At one point, she wanted to become a meteorologist. She’s loved weather since she was a child, especially severe storms. Twister is her favorite movie. She also once completed an online storm spotter course through the National Weather Service in Binghamton!
- The beach is her happy place! She’s spent many years with her family visiting Ocean City, MD, and now has begun to explore the beaches around Charleston, SC.
- She is married to her high school sweetheart!