For those of you who don’t know what a podcast is, it is a series of digital audio or video files that a user can download and listen to. According to Podcast Insights, 51% of the US population has listened to a podcast. Since 2013 there has been a steady 20% increase in podcast listening. Nowadays everyone from your local entrepreneur to your friends from high school are starting a podcast. As you read further, you will learn how podcasting can improve your brand as well as what it takes to make a podcast successful.
How Can Podcasting Improve Your Brand?
- It will reach new audiences– Having your podcast available on all platforms will allow you to reach audiences that are not already following your social media sites. Once listeners subscribe to an audio series, they are more likely to keep listening to your podcast as long as you continue to produce high-quality episodes. Your audience is also more likely to recommend your show to other listeners.
- It can build lasting relationships with listeners– Over time, listeners will feel a sense of connection with your show and the hosts. This will build trust with the listeners and encourages them to connect with your brand.
- It’s engaging to the listener– Among the day-to-day hustle and bustle of a busy life, podcasts give their listeners a break from the ample amount of written content they see throughout the day. This gives the speaker the opportunity to convey their message in a highly interactive way.
- It’s a great addition to your marketing– Promoting your podcast throughout your social media and blog posts can give you fresh and new content to promote outside of your other content marketing. Cross-promoting will also gain you new followers on all your social platforms in addition to adding listeners/subscribers to your podcast series.
Now that we addressed how podcasting can improve your brand, here are some tips on what it takes to make a podcast successful:
- Establish a theme– You want to give your audience a general idea of what your series is about, and you can do this successfully by establishing a theme. This will better narrow down your target listener.
- Create a name– Your podcast should have a catchy name that goes with the theme of the show. Although having your company name as the title of your show is not wrong, this will give you a chance to get creative and think outside of the box!
- Design a logo– Having a logo for your show will set you apart from other podcasts and make it easier for your audience to find you.
- Include a professional introduction (with music)– This should be in a professional voice, much like the intro to a radio show. It should include a brief description of what the episode will be about and a call to action that keeps the listener wanting more.
- Choose the right guests– If you choose to have different guests on your show, you want to make sure they go well with the theme of your podcast. An added bonus with having a guest on your show is they can share your episode with their followers and you could gain more subscribers.
- Edit your episodes properly- You want to make sure every episode is edited professionally. If a listener tunes into your episode and there are editing errors, it could deter them from continuing to listen to that episode or subscribing to your podcast entirely.
Let’s Be Amazing Together
With podcasting increasing over the past few years, it’s hard not to want to explore this outlet in a way that connects you with new and existing audiences. If you are wondering where to start with your podcast idea, contact ENX2 Marketing. We can help you take the necessary steps that will bring your podcast to life.